Common Myths about the Los Angeles Jewish Home
There are a variety of perceptions of the Jewish Home that simply aren’t true. Let’s set the record straight once and for all.
1. You have to be Jewish to live at the Home
Not at all. We accept people of all faiths and ethnicities. We don’t discriminate. Ever.
2. You have to be Jewish to use any of the services at the home
Once again, not at all. Our mission is to help all people regardless of faith or ethnicity.
3. The Home only provides long-term residential care for seniors
We certainly do provide long-term residential care for seniors. In fact, that’s how we started over 100 years ago. But since then, we have expanded our services in order to tailor a healthcare plan to every individual: in your home, in our home, and in the community:
4. There is a waiting list to get into long-term residential care at the Home
Generally, no. But the best way to find out is to call us: 855.227.3745.
5. There is a waiting list to use any of the services offered by the Home
No, most are available immediately. But to confirm, the best way to find out is to call us: 855.227.3745.